The Building & Grounds Committee acts in an advisory capacity to:
- Assess and determine the physical needs of the parish facilities and landscape.
- Consult with the Finance Council, Pastor, and Business Manager regarding suggested renovation and improvements.
The committee prepares for and executes:
- Annual review of the properties and recommends a capital plan for the fiscal year.
- Suggest projects that are broader in scope than one year.
- Long-range planning, preventative maintenance, efficiency, safety, security, and handicap accessibility are to be factored into the realm of responsibility.
- Have manuals and binders for current operations of all equipment.
Selected and qualified members of the committee shall serve a term of three (3) years. There may be one successive term of office of “up to” three years, contingent upon mutual agreement between committee members, the Pastor, and the Finance Council. Terms begin on July 1.